What's new

Audio Books - How Does It Work?

DaveM

Reaction score
I've been wondering about audio books. I don't find them in the iBooks store, and when I search apps I find apps for accessing audio books, but no books themselves. I don't want to purchase an app and then find out that it doesn't have what I want. I want to be able to search a library of audio books and purchase the ones that I want. Is that possible?

I've been wondering about audio books. I don't find them in the iBooks store, and when I search apps I find apps for accessing audio books, but no books themselves. I don't want to purchase an app and then find out that it doesn't have what I want. I want to be able to search a library of audio books and purchase the ones that I want. Is that possible?
Go to the Itunes store, not the App store
There you will find thousands of audio books
Most public libraries also have audio books that use some of the apps you have seen to read different formats

Silly me...I thought books would be in iBooks. Thanks for getting me pointed in the right place.

Silly me...I thought books would be in iBooks.

Yeah, that confused me for a bit too. Also, having to use the 'Music' app icon - which has a music note as it's logo - to listen to [my] audio books, rather than them actually being accessible via the 'iBooks' app - which quite naturally has a book as it's logo - is kind of strange... Or at least I think so anyway!