What's new

AT&T iPhone 4S receipt genuine?

hungx

Reaction score
I want to buy an iPhone 4S and I asked the seller for a copy of the receipt. He e-mailed it to me. Now my question is how do I determine if this receipt is genuine? I have verified that the iPhone is genuine and the the IMEI number on the receipt matches the iPhone's IMEI. Thanks!

Can't seem to upload the pic onto this site. I'll e-mail the pic upon request.

Last edited:
hungx said:
I want to buy an iPhone 4S and I asked the seller for a copy of the receipt. He e-mailed it to me. Now my question is how do I determine if this receipt is genuine? I have verified that the iPhone is genuine and the the IMEI number on the receipt matches the iPhone's IMEI. Thanks!

Can't seem to upload the pic onto this site. I'll e-mail the pic upon request.

If the numbers match what is on the receipt then the receipt should be fine. Purchasing off of eBay?

I did and my phone is fine. I even purchased mine knowing the ESN is bad.

Sent from my 64gb iPad

The IMEI number does match. The price of the iPhone is $649.99 for a white 64gb AT&T iPhone 4S. Below that says 2 year agreement savings $200.00. Did he purchase the iPhone off contract? The receipt is from an AT&T store.

hungx said:
The IMEI number does match. The price of the iPhone is $649.99 for a white 64gb AT&T iPhone 4S. Below that says 2 year agreement savings $200.00. Did he purchase the iPhone off contract? The receipt is from an AT&T store.

I do not know. You will have to contact the seller.

Sent from my 64gb iPad

Print a copy of the receipt the seller emailed you and take it to an At&t store... they'll be able to verify it it was a legitimate purchase or not.

The person purchased the 64gb iphone on a 2yr contract. They were only eligible for an early upgrade ($200 savings off retail cost of $849.99). A full upgrade would be $450 off retail=$399.99.

There doesn't seem to be a purchase date on the receipt. Is this normal?

A receipt you receive from a store for ANY product should have a purchase date on it. Have you taken this receipt to an At&t Corporate store to have it checked out yet?

hungx said:

"A receipt you receive from a store for ANY product should have a purchase date on it. Have you taken this receipt to an At&t Corporate store to have it checked out yet?"

I agree with the above comment because if you want to return any item in most cases you have a limited time. So yes ALL receipts should have a date printed.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

I haven't taken a copy of the receipt to an AT&T store yet. I will do it soon.

Dont mean to be rude by why are you needing a reciept. Get the serial number go to apple.com- support and type te serial in to see when the warrenty is up. All phones have a one year warrenty when purchased. If you want new then forget about having that extra space and go outright buy a 16gb version

I already checked on the warranty. I need the receipt in case I need to send in the phone for repairs. Apple requires a proof of purchase before you send in your device for repairs.

hungx said:
I already checked on the warranty. I need the receipt in case I need to send in the phone for repairs. Apple requires a proof of purchase before you send in your device for repairs.

That is incorrect. I've bought several MacBooks and iPhones on eBay with no receipt, and they still repaired them.

I've called Apple and verified. The warrant goes with the machine, nothing else is required.

Last edited: