What's new

Arrow at the top

brixtonboy

Reaction score
HI well here goes. This she brought her iPhone 12 of some kind to me to so show me something or other. Things across the top of the phone. After a minute or so it turns into a grey return arrow. I asked her what she did to the settings she said nothing. I knew that was a fib. I did it playing around and got totally confused J.A sorted it for me. Years ago now. My mind is blank now. Here is a picture, keep it simple for an old Man BB TIA
IMG_2772.jpg

I’ve moved your post to it’s own thread, where we can try to help without being interrupted by other posts.
Your photo shows the bottom of the phone, not the top. Please provide a picture with the problem involved.

Oops sorry my fault. That photo is black, however before you press the arrow sign nothing shows. When you press it you are given short cuts. This helps to speed up you to select the items you use often. But it’s confusing until you one gets used to it. I believe you helped me clear it from an older model after l was playing and got stuck.
Thanks BB

I helped removing Assistive Touch a few years ago. If that’s what you’re referring to, go to Settings - Accessibility - Touch - Assistive Touch, and disable it. That setting doesn’t show an arrow, though. It’s a button which can be moved on the screen and greys out when you don’t use it, but it stays on the screen, ready for your next touch.

Thank you for the answer I will try it in the morning.
She is sleeping now and the Face ID is on. I don’t wish to use her password.
BB

Hi JA swapped the iPhone to English last night, however the place you told me to check was already in the off position. Nothing changed as I was resetting items in this section although at one time a list of all the options to select were there. In small boxes, after resetting the iPhone back to German l went to bed BB

Hi JA swapped the iPhone to English last night, however the place you told me to check was already in the off position. Nothing changed as I was resetting items in this section although at one time a list of all the options to select were there. In small boxes, after resetting the iPhone back to German l went to bed BB

Hi l guess you have given up on me and we have. BB