What's new

Apps update partially downloaded - and stopped

Tricon7

Reaction score
I upgraded my apps recently, and I noticed that two of them started to download - then stopped. The blue bar that shows the download progress began but never finished, and even a reboot of the iPhone doesn't clear them up. How do I clear that?

Tap them once and only once. That has work for me during all of the beta testing.

What about after upgrade they just stay there like that ?

6ehateba.jpg

Yes. Looks like it now shows the last 14 days of updates.

You have two options then. Update the app thru iTunes or delete the app and reinstall.

If you use iTunes you will not lose any data the app has stored.

If you delete and reinstall, you will lose the data for that app.

It looks like after I tapped it once, it finally - hours later - decided to give up and tell me it failed to update. At least now it's stopped trying. Thanks.

Yes. Looks like it now shows the last 14 days of updates.

To be honest I don't have too manny apps about 70 but what about the others with over one hundred maybe more it may be annoying to see them there I don't know just saying ...

To be honest I don't have too manny apps about 70 but what about the others with over one hundred maybe more it may be annoying to see them there I don't know just saying ...

Well if you have auto update on, then you will never really need to go to that page ever again.

Personally I like the list. If an app suddenly stops working I can check that list first to see if an update has caused the issue.

I say after a while we'll get use with auto update and as you say we'll never need to go to the update page,I'm getting notifications about app update anyway,but I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of them that all
Thanks

I say after a while we'll get use with auto update and as you say we'll never need to go to the update page,I'm getting notifications about app update anyway,but I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of them that all
Thanks

Settings > Notification Center > Include section > Look for "App Store". Set Alert to None, Badge App Icon to Off, Show in Notification Center to Off and Show on Lock Screen to Off.

You will never see another update notice again. :D