What's new

Apps not syncing from iTunes to iPhone4

georgelza

Reaction score
Hi all

I've connected my new iPhone, immediate iTunes recognized the phone and then asked me if I want to restore my backup, all great, all settings restored.

My apps did not go back though, so went into iTunes and made sure all are selected, hit sync, nothing,

Te only one that pops onto the phone is Skype, select it in the list of available apps and it appears on the available screens of the iPhone, deslect and it disappears,

The other apps, selecting it and deselecting just re-enables the Apply button,but nothing is transferred/installed.

Any ideas.

Thanks
G

Hi all

I've connected my new iPhone, immediate iTunes recognized the phone and then asked me if I want to restore my backup, all great, all settings restored.

My apps did not go back though, so went into iTunes and made sure all are selected, hit sync, nothing,

Te only one that pops onto the phone is Skype, select it in the list of available apps and it appears on the available screens of the iPhone, deslect and it disappears,

The other apps, selecting it and deselecting just re-enables the Apply button,but nothing is transferred/installed.

Any ideas.

Thanks
G

If its a new iPhone 4 and you backuped a 3GS or iPod Touch it might not work, so restore it and re try..

Check the actual check boxes that are next to each app. I know when I synced mine they all got unchecked for some reason.

Hi all

Ok might have an idea what the problem is, it seems with me changing laptops a while back although the app was on my 3Gs phone, the new iTunes accepted it be on phone but never copied the app from phone onto the new iTunes library on my new laptop. So at the moment I have no local copy of the problem apps thus nothing to push/install on the new phone.

How do I redownload the apps I have bought previously?

G

First you will need to setup and verify your iTunes with your account. If you have already.. just plug in your iPhone when it comes up in iTunes right click on the phone and you will see a dropdown menu that says transfer purchases.
It should move em right over!

Hi there

Problem solved.

transfer purchases would not work since the apps was not on the laptop, basically had to go to each app in iStore and redownload, it recognized that I previously bought them and just send the software to me again, then selecting/clicking app placed on phone,
and sync'ed which then installed it.

Problem was the app was not on my laptop since I switched laptops a while back.

thx

G