What's new

Apps not downloading

joan24

Reaction score
I got an iPhone 6 yesterday and traden in my i 5. The standard apps downloaded but all my other apps just show dark and with waiting underneath the app. I was told it could take up to 24 hours to download, but it's past that now. What can I do. Thanks.
Joan

I got an iPhone 6 yesterday and traden in my i 5. The standard apps downloaded but all my other apps just show dark and with waiting underneath the app. I was told it could take up to 24 hours to download, but it's past that now. What can I do. Thanks.
Joan
Are you setting up your new iPhone 6 with a backup from your old iPhone 5? I've done the same thing and it took nowhere near 24 hours to download the apps. Was there any progress at all?

Perhaps his setup requires going into iTunes and loading the apps agai to his phone. This has not happened to me when I have upgraded but I restore from backup.

You might either have a really bad internet connection, have an app that requires too much memory update (so it requires WI-FI), or you might have to just upgrade the firmwire on your iPhone. Good luck.