What's new

Apple's iPhone 6S: Eleven New Details Revealed in Massive Leak

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
rose-gold-Casing-Color.jpg

It looks like someone at Apple's security department needs to get reprimanded. The biggest leak yet of info regarding the iPhone 6S was just reported by Forbes. In fact, 11 new features/functions were revealed about the upcoming device which will launch in the fall of this year. Several of these were already rumored, but this is the best compilation of details we have seen so far.

Here's a breakdown of what was revealed:
  • Force Touch - this feature debuted on the Apple Watch and newest MacBook Pro. It's will not be surprising to see it land on the next iPhone.
  • No 4-inch iPhone 6S device - some folks might be disappointed by this news, but most will not. There has been rumblings that we might see an iPhone 6C that will have the "old school" smaller screen, but we don't put much stock in those rumors.
  • Rose Gold Case color - supposedly, along with the gold, silver and black/grey versions of the iPhone, Apple will reveal a "light red/pink" version of the new iPhone 6S. This is meant to match the Rose Gold version of the Apple Watch.
  • Camera upgraded - the report claims that Apple aims to regain their lost camera crown. To do that they will be upgrading the camera in the iPhone 6S. It will supposedly be a 12MP sensor and may include a faster "f stop."
  • Big performance jump - apparently, Apple is not resting on its laurels in the performance department. While the A series chips for Apple devices are nearly always at the top end of the performance charts, supposedly Apple will finally introduce 2GB of LPDDR4 RAM to the iPhone 6S to help out the A9 chip that it will come with.
  • Additional microphone - a second mic added near the speaker to enhance call quality could be a new feature for the iPhone 6S. Near the speaker sounds a bit iffy, unless of course it is meant to be a noise canceling mic.
  • Improved material and mechanical design characteristics - Apple wants to avoid another #bendgate, so they are beefing up the structure of the iPhone 6S.
  • Sapphire cover lens for some 5.5-inch models - we aren't sure what to make of this one, but this is the intel that was provided.
  • Touch ID enhanced - supposedly the speed at which Touch ID works has been improved. This is meant to make Apple Pay easier to use.
  • Gesture Control support - since this is the fancy new tech that is the current fad, we would not be surprised to see this added to the iPhone 6S as a marketing bump.
  • iOS 9 - well... this one is a bit of a gimme. Of course the iPhone 6S will have the latest version of Apple's iOS. Don't they always?

What do you folks think? Will this be enough to entice users of the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus to upgrade? Probably not, but the iPhone 6S could be the perfect device for anyone who is using an older iPhone or is switching from Android or Microsoft.

Loving it so far, I'm going to be upgrading my 4.7 iPhone 6 to the 6S plus whatever it brings.

So still no mention of the 16GB being dropped.

Last edited:
Don't think I'll upgrade for this but that is a pretty good upgrade.

Loving it so far, I'm going to be upgrading my 4.7 iPhone 6 to the 6S plus whatever it brings.

So still no mention of the 16GB being dropped.
Yes, I might upgrade as well.. lots of nice features.

Nice rumored/leak upgrade. Not sure yet if I will upgrade.

I think we'll see most, but not all, of these rumoured new features.

I might be switching providers in the near future, so the timing will be good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just waiting on the Verizon announcement that we can order....