What's new

AppleCare--can I transfer it to an IP5?

Yep! That's what I did :)

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

How does this work? If you transfer your apple care to a new phone what happens if something happens to the old phone w o apple care? Ismthe old phone no longer in use or sold / regifted?

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

You can purchase apple care for a used iphone ...If it is within its original warranty period, and you can prove it, then yes.

If you "transfer it" it takes it from one phone to the other. They told me all they could do was refund me a pro rated amount for my apple care on my 4S and then I had to purchase a new plan for my 5

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

If you "transfer it" it takes it from one phone to the other. They told me all they could do was refund me a pro rated amount for my apple care on my 4S and then I had to purchase a new plan for my 5

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

Its good to hear that they at least pro rate the remaining warranty.

Yeah I was psyched about it because I didn't want to waste it and since I did the trade in program with Verizon it was like throwing money away :)

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB