What's new

AppleCare--can I transfer it to an IP5?

copdocpvd

Reaction score
I bought my 4s about a year ago, added in the AppleCare coverage. Thinking about getting a 5 in the next couple weeks, does anyone know if (and how) I could transfer my remaining coverage to the new phone? Or do I get the pleasure of paying another $99?

thanks!

copdocpvd said:
I bought my 4s about a year ago, added in the AppleCare coverage. Thinking about getting a 5 in the next couple weeks, does anyone know if (and how) I could transfer my remaining coverage to the new phone? Or do I get the pleasure of paying another $99?

thanks!

You can, if you choose, transfer the AppleCare plan to another owner, if you sell the phone.

Nope! They just did it! I asked and they said "of course we can!"

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

No I called an 800 number and they refunded me my pro rated amount then I paid the $99 through them for my 5. They didn't say it was a one time courtesy!

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

New to iPhone here but just picked up the 5 and really love it! What is the best coverage for it, best buy or apple care plus? Thanks!

New to iPhone here but just picked up the 5 and really love it! What is the best coverage for it, best buy or apple care plus? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. I'm not familiar with Best Buys plan, I am a bit familiar with Apple Care.

The question to ask is, what does it cover? Apple Care does not cover a lost or stolen phone. Assurion and Ensquared does because that is actual insurance.

Your iPhone comes with a one year warranty, and if you choose to you can probably get an extended warranty from your provider. So I don't see the benefit of Apple Care. Best Buy IIRC will give you a new phone as opposed to a Clean Linke New Factory Replacement, otherwise know as a refurb but I don't know if they will do this on a lost or stolen phone.

Yes ascurion will give for lost and stolen and water damaged phones.
You will pay for it EVERY month but I like the piece of mind i get so I forgo apple care.

I bought my 4s in march and just bought my iPhone 5.two days ago they transferred my apple care to my i5 with no problem..all you have to do is ask..