What's new

Apple Watch

I got a Apple Watch Sport 1st gen from Swappa.com.
I wanted to buy a gently used to give it a try and save money. I'm really enjoying it! It is perfect for my needs which are notifications while working and fitness tracking.
With that being said if I had the funds I would defiantly look into the series 2 because it is said to be a little peppier and stuff.

Slightly old thread, but, thought I'd add my 2¢.

Last night I pulled the trigger on a mint Series 1 (2016 2nd Gen.), still under warranty until Feb. 2018, on Swappa. I went with the Series 1 because I wanted the improved processor oomph. I passed on the Series 2 because I don't really need the GPS, testing indicates the water resistance of the Series 1 will be good enough for my needs, and I found a colleague's Series 1 passably readable in direct (summer) sunlight, so I didn't need the increased nits.

Time will tell if I made the right decision.

Slightly old thread, but, thought I'd add my 2¢.

Last night I pulled the trigger on a mint Series 1 (2016 2nd Gen.), still under warranty until Feb. 2018, on Swappa. I went with the Series 1 because I wanted the improved processor oomph. I passed on the Series 2 because I don't really need the GPS, testing indicates the water resistance of the Series 1 will be good enough for my needs, and I found a colleague's Series 1 passably readable in direct (summer) sunlight, so I didn't need the increased nits.

Time will tell if I made the right decision.
Congratulations on your Apple Watch purchase. I've had one from day one and couldn't be more pleased.

Got my watch!
banana.gif

So far I've only got it set up with my iPhone 6S, got it fully charged, and played with it a little bit, but, I think I'm liking it, already.

The seller advertised it as "mint" and in "new, unused condition." He wasn't kidding. It looks like I'd just taken it out of a still-plastic-sealed box.

Apple Pay is one of the most convenient things you can do with your Apple Watch in addition to the fitness tracking abilities. I've also used mine to get through airport security by having my boarding pass displayed on the screen.

Last edited:
Apple Pay is one of the most convenient things you can do with your Apple Watch in addition to the fitness tracking abilities. I've also used mine to get through airport security by having my boarding pass displayed on the screen.

I'll have to check this out. Literally the only think I use mine for is when I get messages at work. I can quickly check a message without pulling my phone out of my pocket.

I'll have to check this out. Literally the only think I use mine for is when I get messages at work. I can quickly check a message without pulling my phone out of my pocket.
I’ve found that using dictation for a message from the Apple Watch works quite well and is much faster than using the scribble feature to write out the reply.

I've used mine with Google Maps a few days ago. The iPhone was telling me the directions, and my AW poked me (and also showed where to go next), just to let me know I have to change direction. :)

Re: Apple Pay...

Oh, it's great for that. And screening calls. Walking into a store, last weekend, wrist buzzed. Looked. "Unknown," the watch read. "Dismiss." Done :)

But, Apple Pay. Hahahaha! What a hoot! Merchandise scanned. Double-click the side button, hold it near PoS terminal. *Blink* *beep* Done! I love it! :)

I also use it to check my calendar, poke me to get up and move around regularly, I actually took a call with it the other day. So many things.