What's new

Apple Watch Disappointments

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So far my only disappointment with the Apple Watch is the release date!! Is there anything you didn't like about the watch or thought Apple could have done better?

I think the price is a bit worrisome. At $350 for the low-end model, combined with the likelihood that version 2 will be much better, it makes me wonder if I should wait for version 2 o r 3. If the price were $150 I feel I would be at little risk going with a version 1 product and then upgrading again a year later. Part of me wants to support v1 so there will be a v2, but the price for entry is a big consideration. I may just not buy it on release day and wait for the reviews to come in. If v1 is strong enough, then I will buy and plan to skip a couple of generations.

It looks like a a expensive child's watch. It's looks Ike an any attempt into wearables

Price is one disappointment for me for now. I can't tell for its technical features and conditions. If they could make the release date earlier, the better.

I just don't have a use for it. My iPhone serves me well enough. $350 is way more than I would pay for one anyway.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

If the watch is anything like our iPhones why would you need to wear an iwatch on your wrist? It's also not waterproof and I haven't worn a watch in over 20 years so I'm probably out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was hoping it would work better when not in proximity to the iphone. I am a small person and it is sometimes hard to carry the 6 plus when I walk. But I like using my iPhone as a pedometer. I was hoping the I watch would do that and sync the info to the iPhone when they were in proximity. Maybe the next version will do that. So I will wait.

If the watch is anything like our iPhones why would you need to wear an iwatch on your wrist? It's also not waterproof and I haven't worn a watch in over 20 years so I'm probably out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not waterproof, but it is water resistant. You could wear it in the shower, but not in the pool.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

It's not waterproof, but it is water resistant. You could wear it in the shower, but not in the pool.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

I'd still be cautious and take it off for a shower, even if it is water resistant!

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

I'd still be cautious and take it off for a shower, even if it is water resistant!

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Pfft, after paying $300.00+, I'm going to be nervous just wearing it.

It's clear that Apple is holding off for something better in the future (like always). They left a lot to be desired with this watch; especially the design. Like iCrank said, it looks like an expensive child's watch. Apple should go for a more sleak look along the lines of the Moto 360 design. I, for one, am really excited for the Apple Watch... Just not excited about the first generation. I will be holding off and waiting for a clean design.

Was in an Apple Store last week bin person, the watch is nicer looking. But I am still holding off ordering. Maybe next year.