What's new

Apple Touch ID

dave307

Reaction score
Hello to all .
I have a iPhone 6 with ios 10.2 am in the process of setting up the finger print to login, If the phone is locked and an incoming call comes in do I have to unlock with fingerprint before answering the incoming call.
Also what can I do on the phone before unlocking with fingerprint login.
Many thanks. It's all new to me had an android before this.:confused:

You don't have to unlock the iPhone, in order to answer an incoming call.

Before unlocking it, you can use the built in camera to take pictures. To do this, swipe left on the lock screen.

It's also possible to access the Control Centre from the lock screen. This has to be enabled in your settings (Settings - Control Centre - Access on Lock Screen). When your iPhone is locked, slide upwards from the bottom of your screen to show it. Music is one of the features of the control centre, so you can continue listening to a song you've stopped before, or switch to a different song, without unlocking your device.

Hi. Many thanks for your prompt reply. It was very helpful. just one other point on the same subject what if I decide to revert back to normal login not using the fingerprint setup. Would that be a simple return method?.
Thank you once again. I'm getting into the iPhone system slowly and so far its been working out okay.
Ta From wales.
01 (41).gif

Glad to help. :)

If you decide to unlock your iPhone via passcode, instead of the fingerprint, go to Settings - Touch ID & Passcode, enter your passcode, then go to "Use Touch ID for" - iPhone Unlock and disable it. You can still use the fingerprint for purchases in the App Store and iTunes Store, and Apple Pay, if it's available in your country. It's also possible to remove your fingerprints completely. In that case, go to Fingerprints, select them, one by one, and delete them.

Hi, I think that one of the options when you slide up from the bottom from your iPhone is also the light on the camera at the back, brighter than most touches too.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

Hi, I think that one of the options when you slide up from the bottom from your iPhone is also the light on the camera at the back, brighter than most touches too.

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.
That's part of the Control Centre.

It's ok Miss. I understand, your still excited getting your new iPhone. It's clouding your thinking a little [emoji38]

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.