What's new

Apple Supposedly Plans to Ship 80 Million iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus Units by End of Year

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
iphone-6-iphone6-plus-apple-event-with-tim-cook.jpg

According to rumors from Apple supply chain sources, the Cupertino company is setting some lofty goals for total units shipped of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus combined. Supposedly, Apple has ordered a massive influx of devices as they plan to ship 10 Million units of both devices by the end of September, and another 70 Million by the end of the year.

This sets the bar very high at 80 Million total by the end of 2014. Assuming Apple's supply chain doesn't run into any production woes, this number is feasible, but is a solid stretch goal regardless. Here at HQ we wouldn't be surprised if they reach the first goal of 10 Million units shipped by the end of the month, but a hearty 60 Million total by the end of the year seems more realistic. What do you think?

Source: MacRumors

I think it depends on how many units have already been produced. If they already have more than the first 10 million units produced I think it can be done. I think they've learned from the supply bottleneck last year with the iPhone 5s.