What's new

Apple Still Having Problems Meeting iPhone 5 Demand

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
8258-iphone-5-first-official-photo.JPG

According to Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster, Apple is still having problems keeping up with the demand for the iPhone 5. AppleInsider reports that Piper Jaffray found in a poll that it conducted this week of 738 US consumers, that demand for the iPhone 5 is still growing, with 55% or respondents who were planning to buy a smartphone saying that they would buy the iPhone 5, as opposed to 48% of those polled just prior to Apple’s announcing the iPhone 5 who said the same. Munster and Piper Jaffray say that they polled 70 Apple Stores, asking them about iPhone 5 availability, and found that while Sprint inventory is improving, stocks are still low for the AT&T and Verizon iPhone 5 models. This follows on from previous reports saying that the iPhone 5 is particularly troublesome to manufacture, with the workers having to take extra care to avoid scratching the phone’s back.

Source: iPhone 5 constraints remain at AT&T, Verizon, inventory improving at Sprint

Three weeks since I ordered my Verizon IP5. Finally got a tracking number Friday ! Demand is definitely still high !

Three weeks since I ordered my Verizon IP5. Finally got a tracking number Friday ! Demand is definitely still high !

Was your delivery time accurate with what Verizon gave you? I only ask, because I had ordered mine on October 19 and the date of delivery was November 9th. I checked everyday for the status and did a final check Friday morning to see if there was a charge yet on my credit card, which there wasn't. I got lucky when I went to Best Buy mid morning yesterday to find that they just had a shipment come in. So I am a happy camper with my iPhone a week early! :)

When I ordered it they said it would ship by Nov. 2. It shipped right on the 2nd, so very accurate.

When I ordered it they said it would ship by Nov. 2. It shipped right on the 2nd, so very accurate.

Thanks, Revemup!

I was wondering if yours came in on time. Since I ended up getting mine at another store and cancelled my Verizon order, I wondered what would have been the ship date with the high demand of these phones.

No problem Ski. Looking forward to Tuesday, I've had this IP4 for almost two years. Ready for a little something new, although this one has been great !