What's new

iPhone 5 Supply is Improving

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
9807-iphone-5-availability.JPG

AppleInsider has some encouraging news today for those of you hoping to get an iPhone 5 sooner rather than later. According to Gene Munster and his Piper Jaffray team, stocks of Apple’s latest iPhone would appear to be improving. Munster reports that he and his team have been checking stock in 100 Apple Stores every night, and have found that the stock of AT&T and Verizon handsets has “significantly improved.” Sprint iPhone 5s are still plentiful, as they have been all along.

"As we get closer to the holiday, we believe consumers will likely have the ability to walk into an Apple Store and walk out with an iPhone 5 within the next two weeks," said Munster.

As AppleInsider notes, problems with the painstaking quality control procedures during the phone’s manufacture were thought to be the main reason for the delays, but a source inside Apple’s supply chain claims that stock is gradually improving as those employees that are assembling the phone become more familiar with the process.

Source: Apple has nearly caught up with demand for iPhone 5

And then another case like the iPad mini airport shipment or a case of bad workmanship comes and it gets delayed again... Well for one thing, I'm happy with my 5 that I conned my company in getting me :3

I didn't see any signs of short supply when I ordered our phones (2 x 32G black iPhone 5) from Verizon on Sunday. They are out for delivery on the FedEx truck as this is being written.