What's new

Shoppers Want the iPhone 5

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
10202-piper-jaffray-iphone-5-demand.JPG

AppleInsider writes today that according to a new survey, more than half of the US consumers polled say that they expect to buy an iPhone 5 in the near future. The survey was conducted by Piper Jaffray, who polled more than 800 US consumers, finding that 53.3% of respondents were looking to buy the new iPhone 5 soon, which is slightly down from the 54.9% figure in October, but a little up on the 47.7% figure in September. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
"We believe this is a positive that demonstrates the majority of U.S. consumers want an iPhone 5 even following the launch craze, and despite the Maps issues that have been widely noted," said analyst Gene Munster.
In contrast, 35.3% of respondents said that they intended to buy an Android phone, 6.5% said they would buy a Windows phone in the near future, and 4.9% said that they intended to buy a BlackBerry.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Piper Jaffray also analysed tweets on Twitter containing the keyword “iPhone”, and found that the demand index for Apple’s newest iPhone is up between 30 and 40% on that of the iPhone 4S.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Source:[/FONT] More than half of US smartphone shoppers plan to buy Apple's iPhone 5

This is only a worthy thing. I still realize very few iPhone 5s out in the wild (besides my own.) I have to think the demand is there, but people still think it's too hard to get. And must say, No further single phone can beat it.