What's new

Apple Seeds iOS 9.2 Beta 1 to Developers

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
ios_9_2_beta_1.jpg
Nearly a week has passed since Apple released the iOS 9.1 firmware to the public. Though the latest firmware was just released, Apple is already focused on releasing its next big update.

On Tuesday, Apple began to seed the iOS 9.2 beta 1 firmware to developers. iOS 9.2 most notably brings third-party supports for the new iOS 9 technology Safari Controller View. Safari View Controller allows apps to invoke an in-app browser based on Safari, taking away the need for developers to add their own.

Here is the change log for iOS 9.2 beta 1:
  • SFSafariViewController now supports 3rd party Action Extensions. Any Action Extension that works in Safari will also work in SFSafariViewController.
  • Long tapping the Reload button in Safari View Controller now gives options to Reload Without Content Blockers and Request Desktop Site, like in Safari.
  • iOS 9.2 Beta 1 resolves an issue where WebApps saved to the home screen would not respect the apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style meta tag.
Currently the new beta firmware is only available to folks subscribed to Apple's Developer Program. A public beta build should be available some time in the near future.

I'm really starting to loose faith in Apple and their firmware. This is getting ridiculous! Everyone I know that upgraded to the latest 9.1 still have problems with iMessages- receiving them (or not)!. Alert tones not working after a day. The list goes on and on.

Apple is really dropping the ball with the latest firmwares. The basic smartphone features now contain bugs! Not to mention the apps made by Apple are buggy as heck - like their own podcast app! It's not just me but EVERYONE I know with an iPhone are complaining about all the bugs in the latest firmware builds.

The public is now the beta testers, and I'm getting sick and tired of loading buggy firmware into a $800 phone. By the time known good firmware is discovered, Apple Stops signing it. M

Apple now joins the club with Motorola where they release firmware that's basically untested and customers have to report the bugs while having to put up with the bugs before another buggy firmware release comes out.

Sorry for the rant....