What's new

Apple Releases iOS 9.2 to the Public

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
iPhone%206S%20review%20(22)-970-80.JPG
Following the release of watchOS 2.1 earlier today, Apple also shipped out the iOS 9.2 update for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. The new update adds changes to Apple Music, News, Mail, Podcasts, Safari, iBooks, and more.

Just to list a few changed: Apple's News app now has a new design that is more attractive to publishers, iOS 9.2 now supports AT&T's NumberSync service, Apple Music has been tweaked around to remove annoying features, Mail Drop now supports files over 5GB, iBooks now supports 3D Touch, and Apple's USB Camera Adapter is now supported on iPhone.

iOS 9.2 can be downloaded via iTunes or directly through the Over-The-Air update feature in the Settings app. The update is available for devices iPhone 4S and later.

Warning... my iPhone 6 was very warm this morning after upgrading to 9.2 last night... And I started the day with 100% charge and already dropped to 70% after just one hour with very little usage as it's just been in my pocket. Soft reset didn't stop the drain. Gonna try hard reset now see if that helps.

I don't experience battery drain or a warm iPhone. I hope the reset will fix this for you.

it is safe updating to iOS 9.2 for jailbreak ?

There's no jailbreak for 9.2 yet. If you update to the latest software version, you'll be stuck with a non jailbreakable iPhone.
I know that, thanks
my question, for future jailbreak

There are rumours that a jailbreak for 9.2 will be released soon, but no one knows for sure.

that's true, many says there will be one but how you said who knows
hope will be one soon

Warning... my iPhone 6 was very warm this morning after upgrading to 9.2 last night... And I started the day with 100% charge and already dropped to 70% after just one hour with very little usage as it's just been in my pocket. Soft reset didn't stop the drain. Gonna try hard reset now see if that helps.

Update... Various fiddling appears to have fixed it... I deleted all background apps, hard reset, left it turned off all night, hard reset again in morning... and now it seems to be back to normal. Not sure what happened there... after 5 years iPhone ownership I've never experienced this behaviour before. Relieved it's ok now.