What's new

Apple Releases Cheaper 8GB iPhone 5c Model

iPhone News

Reaction score
After some previous leaks and discussions, the new 8GB version of the polycarbonate iPhone 5c has hit Apple’s online stores in some European countries, after having previously been offered on UK O2′s provider website. At the moment it is not available on the U.S. store but it should be available by the end of the […]

Read more...

The price of the 16 gb 5c has dropped just about everywhere for on contract users. $29 at Wal-Mart. Verizon just offered me a 5c for free with my wife's upgrade on Thursday of this week. So the 8 gb 5c makes no sense, unless the market target is in the developing countries. My first iPhone was the 8 gb iPhone 4. I saw quickly that 8 gb does not go far. Even now with my 16 gb 5, I'm seeing that may not be enough. One problem is that apps are getting larger. When I first got Facebook, it was 23 mb. Now it's 107 mb. This seems to be a trend with many apps. Especially since iOS 7 began. Many game apps are now over 200 mb. An 8 gb iPhone would have to be for someone who simply does not do much on their phone. The move just makes no sense, with all the 5c's they have in storage collecting dust.

I agree. I'm a light app user and I've already got my 16GB 5s over half full. 8GB is ridiculously low. They're already having trouble selling the 5c. All they'll do is tick off customers when they discover that their phone doesn't have enough storage. They should drop the prices or provide other incentives for the ones that they've got, cut their losses, and chalk it up to a bad business decision.

This is crazy, It just doesn't make sense, 5c has been a flop and they release another model, I'm a light user but i wouldn't dream of buying an 8gb phone....Ridiculous!

I would not get a 8GB model in a million years, but it does make the iPhone 5c a bit cheaper, maybe some 13 yr olds who call and text more? or just use a few apps,

I personally find 64GB not enough and need more lol, but with the OS that takes up 1 or 2GB you would not be left with much space at all! I would be interested to see who actually buys one :)

I bought my iPhone 5 almost a year ago and have only used 2.9 GB of space. I might get the cheaper 5C as a backup device. I don't think I'd ever use 8 GB of space on a phone.

I would not get a 8GB model in a million years, but it does make the iPhone 5c a bit cheaper, maybe some 13 yr olds who call and text more? or just use a few apps,

I personally find 64GB not enough and need more lol, but with the OS that takes up 1 or 2GB you would not be left with much space at all! I would be interested to see who actually buys one :)
I think they will be left with them on their hands the same as with the 16gb model, It just doesn't make sense when people is waiting for iPhone 6 to be released.