What's new

Apple puts out two new TV iPhone 5 commercials

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score

​We always love it when Apple puts out new commercials. One of our favorite was the one in which John Malkovich had a heart-warming, witty discussion with Siri on an iPhone 4S. This week, Apple just released two freshly squeezed commercials aimed at showcasing the amazing capabilities of the iPhone 5.

The two videos are called “Brilliant” and “Discover” and have at their center the iPhone 5. The first one – “Brilliant”, shows off a quick​​ succession of words like sweet or brilliant or fun. For each word there’s an iPhone activity related to it. For example, when we behold the world “brilliant”, we can immediately see the user browse a document about Albert Einstein. The video also showcases some iPhone capabilities, like paying at Starbucks via the Passbook app and even controlling a helicopter prototype. Bottom line, the video is a statement that the smartphone can basically be used for everything.

The second ad follows the line of the other, but is more focused on the educational potential of the iPhone 5. The video starts off with the word Rock and showcases some charts detailing aspects about certain minerals. Then rock turns into Rock music as a rock tune is being played on GarageBand. We move on to see Alcatraz - the Rock being pinned down on the Apple Maps app. Augmented reality via Yelp and the Shazam song identification system are also showcased in the video.

The apps manage to beautifully highlight the diversity of activities that can be entertained on a device such as the iPhone 5.

Source: Cnet

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess they have to do something to try and sell the 5 seeing all the phones coming out over the next few months . They better do something quick talked to a friend of mine that works at Best Buy no ones buying the 5's .

I've actually received two emails this week from Apple, trying to talk me into buying an iPhone 5!
If I was wanting to upgrade to an iPhone ATM, I would wait to see what the 5S was like if I had a perfectly operating device.

Well, as a happy owner of an iPhone 4S, I am not interested in the iPhone 5 at all. So yes, I am happy to wait and see what the iPhone 5S brings us. Which makes sense really, as the iPhone 5S release should only be a few months away now.