What's new

Apple pay

acstorfer

Reaction score
I was at Walgreens today and tried Apple Pay for the first time. It didn't work. The cashier kept saying I had to open some app. Is that true? With the videos I watched it says I can use it in lock screen mode as long as my fingerprint is on the button. If I have to open an app, which app is it?

Could my Otterbox Defender case be an issue?

I heard Walgreens wants your loyalty card swipe when you make an apple pay purchase.

It is tricky to use ApplePay at first. You have to have the top of your phone less than an inch away from the NFC reader. Experiment with different positions until you figure out what works. You don't need to open an app up, just tell the cashier you are using ApplePay so they can push the credit button first.

In fact, I've had a hard time with Apple Pay when my phone was unlocked. If you lock the screen, then wave it nearby the receptor/terminal thing, it should automatically light up and ask for your fingerprint. You don't need to push any buttons.

I've used quite a bit, especially since moving to NC. I've never had to unlock my phone or anything. I just hold it near the reader and then my card shows up. Some places are hit or miss though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk