What's new

Apple Pay Cash

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I have not set up this thing in my wallet app partly because I do not understand it. I read a little about it on on-line articles, but I still do not understand it. Please can someone dumb it down for me so I understand exactly how it is used and what it does? I read it replaces something called Venmo and also PayPal, but I still do not quite understand it. I know what PayPal is, but I have never heard of Venmo.

Thanks.

Venmo and Apple Cash are ways to transfer money from you to someone else. It is not the same as having one of your credit cards in Apple Wallet but you access it in Wallet. To use Apple Cash you have to transfer money to the Apple Cash card. It can sit there until you send it
to someone or send it to your bank. Or, if you have put cash on an Apple Cash card, you can spend it in Wallet just like you use your cc.

^^^ I see now. Thanks, bear7962. I probably will never use Apple Pay, but at least it is there as an option. Since I began using "mobile banking," I have been able to send money to people and pay creditors straight from bank's website. The banks here are using something called "Zelle," which allows you to send money to anyone provided you have his/her phone number or email address. That has worked pretty well for me, and between credit cards and debit cards, I have reached the point where I carry very little cash if any. Now, with this Wallet app, I imagine will eventually stop carrying the cards even. I do not recall the names, but I have heard there are other apps for sending money, too. As for Venmo, I have never heard of it.

I bet if I could come back 50 years after I have been passed, I would not recognise anything. Paper and coin monies may be extinct by then, and people may be driving flying motors by then, á la George Jetson. :p

I use Wallet all the time but not all stores have the right software. So I still occasionally have to carry cards. Last year my car was struck and damaged by a man whose insurance company did not cover the entire cost of repairs. He had indicated the accident was his fault, and he was correct. I told him that I should not have to incur a loss because his insurance didn’t cover full cost. He told me he would send me a check for the difference. After several weeks of “the check is in the mail” I was able to get my money by sending him, thru Apple Cash, an invoice. He immediately paid and I had the money on an Apple Cash card that I used just like the other credit cards in Wallet. It’s just another option in a changing world.my first cell phone was mounted to my car and would be quaint and useless now. I can’t imagine what 10 yrs from now will be like.

Wow, bear7962, that is wonderful that you received the money owed to you! Maybe the man never would have bothered if he had to go through the "trouble" of posting a cheque to you. I am forever amazed by the way some people think everything requires too much effort. Reminds me of a friend I had many years ago.

She and her husband both worked full time. Her days were fairly long, but she made them two hours longer than they really needed to be, but that is another story. Anyway, we were chatting about cooking one day. She said she was too tired to cook a big meal once she arrived home in the evenings, so I told her I had several recipes that were very tasty, healthy, and did not take long to prepare if you have the ingredients on hand. I proceeded to tell her about one dish that I prepared with zucchini, mushrooms, snow peas, herbs, etc., and served over a bed of vermicelli and topped with parmesan cheese. I said whilst you are preparing the entree, you can pop a loaf of crusty bread into the oven to bake, and dessert can be something really simple like some sorbet. She said, oh, that sounds wonderful. How long does it take to prepare the entree if I have every thing on hand? I said only 30 minutes. 30 minutes! she cried. That is too long! Who has 30 minutes to cook?!! :D:rolleyes: I told her I cooked suppers on weekends that required three or more hours of my time, not including cleanup, so I did not think 30 minutes was a lot to prepare a hot, delicious, healthy meal. I guess it is all about your point of view. :p