What's new

Apple Mail app

Rupert6742

Reaction score
I have a Sky email address which I understand is Yahoo
I cannot get incoming email notification sounds with this app
Everything works ok if I use Outlook or Yahoo although I have got all notifications buttons On
I get an audible notification when sending mail but not receiving. My wife has the same problem with her setup the same as mine
My question is should I be getting an incoming mail sound with the Apple app
Thanks

I have a Sky email address which I understand is Yahoo
I cannot get incoming email notification sounds with this app
Everything works ok if I use Outlook or Yahoo although I have got all notifications buttons On
I get an audible notification when sending mail but not receiving. My wife has the same problem with her setup the same as mine
My question is should I be getting an incoming mail sound with the Apple app
Thanks

To have sound alerts for Apple Mail, you need to go to Sounds and Haptics in Settings and select a sound under Mail.

If I download Outlook eMail or Yahoo I can set and hear incoming mail notifications as well as send notifications
Not so with Apple Mail

Have you tried Outlook or Yahoo mail in the Apple Mail app? Or just the Sky mail? I have 7 mail accounts in the Apple Mail (4 Gmail, Outlook, iCloud, and Comcast), and no issues with sound notifications. Never had Sky Mail. Be sure to go to Settings> Notifications > Mail and toggle on. If you have more than one account, scroll down to "Customize Notifications", and set those as you want.