What's new

Apple Increases iPhone 7 Orders to Up to 78 Million Units

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple orders 78 million iPhone 7 units.JPG

In direct contrast to other reports predicting weak demand for the iPhone 7, a new report from Barron’s Asia, via MacRumors, says that Apple is in fact expecting demand to be so strong that it has upped its order to between 72-78 million units, which would be a 2-year high if it turned out to be accurate.

Sources in Apple’s supply chain say that Foxconn will be the main manufacturer of the new phones, and Pegatron will also be involved in assembling the units.

And as well as their duties assembling the new phones, Foxconn and Pegatron are also thought to have been signed up by Apple to produce dual camera and glass casing components for the phones.

Mention of glass casing in the report is very interesting, as this contradicts recent reports from Catcher Technology and KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who both said that Apple would not be using glass casing for its iPhones until 2017.

Maybe Apple has just got wise to all the leaking that happens prior to an Apple device launch, and is trying to keep us all guessing!

Source: Conflicting Supplier Report Now Says iPhone 7 Orders Higher Than Expected

WELL if they can't get the rumours correct for the iPhone 7
why are they telling rumours about the iPhone 8 this is just about getting a total nonsense.
Nobody even has a clue about what the phone will look
like, sick of it, would Apply even tell the truth about how many
7s, have been sold, 6 months after release. I doubt it.
Call me cynical if you like l don't mind.
Don't just jump on the l must have the latest iPhone
bandwagon to make Timmi boys dreams come true.
After all at the end of the day when all is said and done it is just handy.
Rant over, going to bed now Dentist in the morning think of me.

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.