What's new

Apple I Computer Goes for $671,400 in Germany

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
Apple_I.JPG

ZDNet reports that a genuine piece of Apple history has just gone under the hammer at an auction in Germany, fetching €516,471, or $671,400. The ultra rare Apple I computer was sold by Auction Team Brekker in Cologne, and is one of just 200 ever built, with probably only 50 remaining worldwide, and only six in actual working order, including this one in Germany. The Apple I was homemade by Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs, and included all system parts, the original manual, and a letter of authentication signed by Steve Jobs. ZDNet says that it was bought by an anonymous Middle Eastern buyer, who did not want any publicity. The Apple I was originally expected to fetch around $260,000 to $400,000, so the final price exceeded even that higher figure. The same auction house in Cologne also sold an Apple I computer from 1976 last November for the (at that time) record price of $640,000, which has now been beaten by this latest model, of course. Might be worth looking under your bed if you think you might have an old Apple computer stashed away somewhere![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thanks to Super Moderator Gabriel1 for the heads-up on this story.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] Apple I computer fetches $671,400 at German auction | ZDNet

Wow.
Did somebody try and tell this guy there's cheaper, better computers now! ;)

Lol.
In all seriousness, that's pretty cool to own a slice of Apple's history! Wish I had the money that auctioneer spent! :rolleyes: