What's new

Apple's Original iPhone From 1983

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check out this image of Apple's original 'iPhone' designed in 1983 by Hartmut Esslinger.

Esslinger is the same designer behind the Apple IIc computer and according to Wikipedia he was contracted by the company for $1,000,000/year .

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In 1982 he entered into an exclusive $1,000,000 per year contract with Apple Computer to create a design strategy which transformed Apple from a "Silicon Valley Start-Up" into a global brand. Setting up shop in California for the first time, Esslinger and Frogdesign created the "Snow White design language" which was applied to all Apple product lines from 1984 to 1990, commencing with the Apple IIc and including the Macintosh computer. The original Apple IIc was acquired by the Whitney Museum of Art in New York and Time voted it Design of the Year. Soon after Steve Jobs' departure, Esslinger broke his own contract with Apple and followed Jobs to NeXT.[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Take a look at the phone below...[/FONT]

Read More[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [[/FONT]via iPhoneFreakz[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]] [[/FONT]via Wikipedia[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]][/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
67460-500.jpg
[/FONT]

Unleashed said:
Check out this image of Apple's original 'iPhone' designed in 1983 by Hartmut Esslinger.

Esslinger is the same designer behind the Apple IIc computer and according to Wikipedia he was contracted by the company for $1,000,000/year .

In 1982 he entered into an exclusive $1,000,000 per year contract with Apple Computer to create a design strategy which transformed Apple from a "Silicon Valley Start-Up" into a global brand. Setting up shop in California for the first time, Esslinger and Frogdesign created the "Snow White design language" which was applied to all Apple product lines from 1984 to 1990, commencing with the Apple IIc and including the Macintosh computer. The original Apple IIc was acquired by the Whitney Museum of Art in New York and Time voted it Design of the Year. Soon after Steve Jobs' departure, Esslinger broke his own contract with Apple and followed Jobs to NeXT.

Take a look at the phone below...

Read More [via iPhoneFreakz] [via Wikipedia]

Try and put that into your pocket

easy! no problem! lol I would need an adaptor to plug it in as well, maybe a portable charger

Unleashed said:
easy! no problem! lol I would need an adaptor to plug it in as well, maybe a portable charger

A shopping trolley to move it

SweetPoison said:
It would fit into my purse. :)

Mine too lol.

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net

It was not suppose to be such amazing! Lol

A smartphone almost 30 years ago?

I love it!