What's new

Apple Could be Planning to Raise Price of Next iPhones by $100

iPhone News

Reaction score
AppleInsider reports today that Apple is apparently considering raising the price of the next wave of iPhones by $100. The news comes via Jefferies analyst Peter Misek, who says that Apple has been seeking approval from carriers to increase the starting subsidized price for the iPhone 6 to $300. Misek says that while the carriers […]

Read more...

This report mentions possibly raising the subsidized prices but doesn't mention whether or not the full retail price would rise as well.

This report mentions possibly raising the subsidized prices but doesn't mention whether or not the full retail price would rise as well.
Ok, I suppose the retail price will go up, On average its gone up around £20-£25 ish each year in the UK, hopefully it won't be more than that this year.

I wouldn't pay $300 that's a lot! Hopefully they don't. Even with changes people would want they won't want to pay such a drastic increase. I don't anyways.

~ Beth ~

"Be nice to those you meet on the way up because you will meet them on the way down."

Here in the US they really don't want to go messing with subsidy prices. Many people have to save for months in order to be able to hand over $200.00 all at once. I'm with Poisonivy, I'll pay whatever it costs because of my love for Apple products, but I hope they don't raise the price too much.

Here in the US they really don't want to go messing with subsidy prices. Many people have to save for months in order to be able to hand over $200.00 all at once. I'm with Poisonivy, I'll pay whatever it costs because of my love for Apple products, but I hope they don't raise the price too much.
This is it, We love our Apple products so much that nothing else will do, Nothing comes close to Apples quality devices in my book so whatever they cost I pay it, I know not everyone can just come up with that kind of money so I hope they are kind to us....One of the great things about Apple devices is their resale value, Android are worth virtually nothing at the end but Apple devices hold their money.

The biggest money aspect of Apple devices are on-board storage. It's cheap for them to manufacture, yet they cost roughly $100 per doubling of storage (which shows how much it really costs them) particularly with the iPad since it's often purchased by companies for high capacity data storage for company projects and data, and is even more demanded (in my opinion) on the iPhone and iPod Touch line because of media and photos. If they were to raise the subsidized price of it by $100 or so, that's still not that bad because many carriers will still offer a promotional discount that would null the subsidized price increase and then some to attract more contractors. They profit slightly less, but gain more in the long run.

Last edited:
IMO, the 4.7" should be $199.99 and the 5.5" $299.99 on a 2 yr contract plan.

That makes sense based on competitors and sizes. I still don't know if I'd do the 4.7 or the 5.5. That's a whole different topic ;)

~ Beth ~

"Be nice to those you meet on the way up because you will meet them on the way down."