What's new

Apple Camera App

srlanza

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4S & have had it since the 4S was first released. I haven't done anything w/photos or camera, etc. Today I wanted to take pictures w/the phone but I don't have a camera icon on the phone. I went into iTunes and looked at all of the apps I have for my iPhone - installed and not installed - and Camera isn't listed anywhere. Where is it, how do I find it, how do I get the app? Any ideas as to why I don't have Camera?

I have an iPhone 4S & have had it since the 4S was first released. I haven't done anything w/photos or camera, etc. Today I wanted to take pictures w/the phone but I don't have a camera icon on the phone. I went into iTunes and looked at all of the apps I have for my iPhone - installed and not installed - and Camera isn't listed anywhere. Where is it, how do I find it, how do I get the app? Any ideas as to why I don't have Camera?

Go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Camera. Is the camera turned off? If it's turned off, the camera icon is not visible.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

Could you possibly have it turned OFF in Restrictions (in your Settings app under General)? That's about the only way I know to "hide" the Camera icon (well, if you're not jail broken).

So, check there and make sure Camera is turned ON in Restrictions?

Marilyn

Thank you. I never thought to look at Restrictions as I didn't realize it had a camera setting and I don't remember ever changing anything there. That did the trick! Thanks!

Speaking as the faster typist :) I'm glad we could help solve your problem.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator