What's new

Apple Announces Official Prices for Apple Watch Models

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
apple-watch-versions-png.63275

At its special 'Spring Forward' event at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco, Apple announced the official pricing of its Apple Watch models. Just as expected, the Apple Watch Sport version will start at $349 for the 38mm Sport and $399 for the 42mm.

The Apple Watch regular edition made from stainless steel will be priced at $549 – $1,049 for the 38mm version and $599 – $1,099 for the 42mm, depending on the watch band that you will choose.

The most expensive version is the Apple Watch Edition which will start from $10,000. But this makes sense, since the device is made out of 18k solid gold. It will also be available only in "select retail stores."

Source: Apple

Last edited by a moderator:
In the UK Apple store the 18k Rose Gold Edition is £8,000,00.......OUCH!

I think the watches look really good and I know which one I would buy, but I think for now I will hold off until battery life improves, maybe wait for the 3rd/4th gen iWatch...

I agree with ivy on the more expensive watch, if I where to spend a large sum of cash on a watch, I would get a rolex, or a tag heuer maybe :D To spend so much on a watch that needs charging every 18 hours, I would be too lazy to do so, the rolex would last forever with out a recharge, but it is cool making calls and texts on your watch like 007 lol

I think ill buy one for my brother as a birthday gift in October, but for myself, not atm

So, there are really only three models; stainless steel, aluminum, and gold. Apple, I love your gear, but you did an amazing job of creating a huge amount of confusion using only three different models.

I like the aluminum case.. I'll decide on a watch band later.

So, there are really only three models; stainless steel, aluminum, and gold. Apple, I love your gear, but you did an amazing job of creating a huge amount of confusion using only three different models.

I like the aluminum case.. I'll decide on a watch band later.
Are you going for the larger 42mm size? I hear that it's battery will be longer lasting than the smaller 38mm size.

Are you going for the larger 42mm size? I hear that it's battery will be longer lasting than the smaller 38mm size.

Yes, the 42mm is the size I'm planning for. I also just read in another post that the batteries will be replaceable, which was very good planning on Apple's part.

Yes, the 42mm is the size I'm planning for. I also just read in another post that the batteries will be replaceable, which was very good planning on Apple's part.
Replaceable batteries, but at a cost. I don't think that Apple has yet released battery replacement and repair costs yet. In my opinion they should release that info before per-orders start. The cost of service can factor into whether or not a buyer can afford not only the original purchase price but also the cost of maintenance and repair.

Replaceable batteries, but at a cost. I don't think that Apple has yet released battery replacement and repair costs yet. In my opinion they should release that info before per-orders start. The cost of service can factor into whether or not a buyer can afford not only the original purchase price but also the cost of maintenance and repair.

That is an excellent point.. and one that many will not immediate take into consideration. Seriously, you are spot-on there.