What's new

Apple Accidentally Confirms iPhone 7 Name Ahead of Tomorrow’s Launch

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple accidentally leaks iPhone 7 name ahead of launch.JPG

BGR writes that it looks as though Apple has only gone and accidentally leaked the name of the next iPhone on the eve of the new phone’s official launch tomorrow. It was only a fleeting leak, but leak it did nonetheless, with eagle-eyed Redditor “Jaspergreenham” spotting the leak when he was looking at headphones on the accessories page on Apple’s Hong Kong website, noticing that on the menu on the left-hand margin on the page that options for “iPhone 7” and “iPhone 7 Plus” appeared atop “iPhone 6s” and “iPhone 6s Plus.”

Jaspergreenham says that the Apple employee who made the mistake must have noticed his or her error very quickly, as by the time he refreshed the page (after pausing to take a screenshot), the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus entries had already disappeared.

So now all that’s left is for Apple to make everything official tomorrow, and we’ll be reporting all the news right here as soon as it’s announced.

Source: Oops: Apple just listed the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus on its website

And all the while l've been calling it simply the iPhone,
now my secret is out. 24 hours early blast, why can't people keep quiet over something so very, very important as the name of an iPhone.
It makes me wonder what next [emoji636]

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

So no iPhone 7 Pro tomorrow?

So no iPhone 7 Pro tomorrow?
No, I think they canned it a couple of months back. There was one in the works though!

No, I think they canned it a couple of months back. There was one in the works though!
There may have been delays in development which meant that they wouldn't have been able to get the new iPhone 7 Pro to market in time, causing its cancellation. I expect we'll see one next year.

We will get the launch about 6 pm here in the UK.

How am I going to wait all alllll day?

Your lucky that's 7 here just when then soaps starts l dare not speak for 2 hours min. Plus if it's on here l'll have a job understanding it. But maybe it will be on YouTube?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Your lucky that's 7 here just when then soaps starts l dare not speak for 2 hours min. Plus if it's on here l'll have a job understanding it. But maybe it will be on YouTube?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
It will run into the soaps here but I'll just record them.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
Apple has a free podcast called Apple Keynotes where all these announcements appear shortly after the fact.

Yes but it's not the same as seeing it if you know what l mean, like reading a list of its got this, that and the other well that is better for you guys.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Yes but it's not the same as seeing it if you know what l mean, like reading a list of its got this, that and the other well that is better for you guys.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
It's the entire video presentation, in case you can't watch it live.

So l get the app and see it correct just after it finished.
Does one get a notification?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
It's not an app, it's a podcast. Search in the podcasts section of the iTunes Store. It can take a few hours for it to appear. When it does, you can stream it or download it to watch offline. You can set the notifications in the podcast to be notified when new episodes appear.

You can also go to the same Apple page where you watch it live and watch a replay shortly after the live broadcast is finished.

Thanks, but nothing happens when l press any key just to try one out, doing something wrong again l guess eh?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Thanks, but nothing happens when l press any key just to try one out, doing something wrong again l guess eh?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
When you find a podcast you want, tap on the icon and a pop up opens. Tap on the subscribe button and the podcast appears in your podcasts app. You can then stream any available episode or tap the cloud symbol to download the episode you your device.
image.png