What's new

Apple Accessories

These are the reviews on Apple’s own website. Several were bad reviews stating the adapters don’t last. So I looked elsewhere.

Customer Reviews: Apple 5W USB Power Adapter
There seem to be two kinds of reviews there. The ones from people who’ve never had any sort of problem with them and the ones from people who’ve had everything go wrong with them. These two groups of people are using exactly the same chargers. It’s beyond possibility that the same item from the same factory can be both the best of quality and the worst of quality. There’s more to these bad reviews than the people leaving them are telling us.

And, sadly, people like me who have multiple Apple chargers and have never had an issue with any of them rarely provide feedback as we never notice them, they just work (and work and work...)

I didn’t see a designated place to post about accessories, so I’l post it here. I need a new power supply since my old one unfortunately has the USB port on top of the power supply and the bend my cable is causing it to crack or fray. So I want one with the USB port in the front side so it doesn’t wear my cable out quicker. It would be nice if it had a foldable plug, but doesn’t have to be. Anyone know of one with the USB port on the front middle/side with a foldable plug?

A34521AE-6610-4BDD-ADA2-4D0F8910D605 (Edited).JPG
these are great from Tough Tested. 3 ports & the plug part moves so it can fit behind a dresser or whatever. It has a smart chip in it that sends the right amount of juice to whatever you have plugged into it. They make real bad ass cords to.

View attachment 36927 these are great from Tough Tested. 3 ports & the plug part moves so it can fit behind a dresser or whatever. It has a smart chip in it that sends the right amount of juice to whatever you have plugged into it. They make real bad ass cords to.

How much was it? Where did you find it? Do the prongs hide inside the product?

There seem to be two kinds of reviews there. The ones from people who’ve never had any sort of problem with them and the ones from people who’ve had everything go wrong with them. These two groups of people are using exactly the same chargers. It’s beyond possibility that the same item from the same factory can be both the best of quality and the worst of quality. There’s more to these bad reviews than the people leaving them are telling us.

So you think those that left bad reviews took bad care or mistreated the product?

In addition, having about equal numbers of positive and negative reviews means a satisfaction rate of well over 50% as people with a bad experience are far more likely to post about it than is a person with a good experience.

Last edited:
That’s a fair point. It’s hard for me to ignore bad reviews. Especially if some state the chargers get hot (someone showed a picture with a charger that melted). Do you leave your charger always plugged in when not in use or unplug from wall when not in use? Would plugging in to surge protector minimize any chance of a fire?

How much was it? Where did you find it? Do the prongs hide inside the product?

Yes the prongs hide & I got mine from their website toughtested.com. They sell their stuff at Lowes & on Amazon. 5 year warranty on everything they sell. Can't remember the price but it was fair. It truly is tough

That’s a fair point. It’s hard for me to ignore bad reviews. Especially if some state the chargers get hot (someone showed a picture with a charger that melted). Do you leave your charger always plugged in when not in use or unplug from wall when not in use? Would plugging in to surge protector minimize any chance of a fire?
Unless you’ve got a defective charger, there’s no danger in leaving it plugged in when not in use.
An Apple charger with a defect serious enough to melt the charger would likely occur only once every several million units.