What's new

App where you can block groups

cfclay

Reaction score
Imagine you have a position where on Sunday you would like to have your phone in your pocket but want to block all text and calls from not just one person- but your workgroup of 50. Any such app?

Imagine you have a position where on Sunday you would like to have your phone in your pocket but want to block all text and calls from not just one person- but your workgroup of 50. Any such app?
You could make use of the built in do not disturb feature. With it you can block calls from everyone or allow calls from select groups only.
You can access do not disturb from settings, where you can make desired modifications or from the control centre.
Here's the Apple page on the do not disturb feature. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5463

Thank you, I am familiar with that and use it during meetings every day. I was more interested in an app that will also block text messages. With the do not disturb settings, the messages continue to come in… There's just no audible alert.

I don't believe that you could get an app to do what you want, it would involve a third party app interfering with the operation of the built in message app. This would violate the Apple sandbox rules which limit how an app can act in relation to other apps.

There may be a jailbreak tweak or app available but as I don't jailbreak, I'm not familiar with what's available.