What's new

App problems

Danielle02

Reaction score
Have a problem with the apps crashing on the iPhone 4s. I click on an app and it tries to open but then goes back to the home screen. Does anyone else have this problem?

Is it all apps, or just some? Since the iOS 5 upgrade there have been quite a few apps that haven't been uppgraded to work with it. Developers have been gradually issuing new versions to work with iOS 5. I have several apps that wouldn't work a week ago that are now working.

Well it seems to be all apps at times, then one app works and others don't it goes back and forth

Like Dave had mentioned, most of the apps that you use on ios4 will not work on ios5 untill the developer ports them over. Check your apps because alot of the ones that you use now are most likely in the 200 plus upgrades that Apple upgraded to when they dropped the new Iphone 4s and this will cause a crash to.

I have the same issue. It started on ios 4.3 with my 3gs. I upgraded to an iphone 4s and the problem followed. Then I restored my phone and did not use a back up (for a clean phone) and it started again after 2 weeks. Went to Apple store and got a replacement phone that lasted a week and am having the problem start up again.

It's not just 3rd party apps. I can't use Safari, Messaging, Phone, or even the settings app without it crashing back to the home page. When I go to the diagnostics page, I see that every crash generates a lowmemory diagnostic page.