What's new

Anyway to downgrade verizon iphone 4.2.10 to 4.2.8?

I tried going back to 4.2.6 and all that but keep getting error 1013... Any suggestions?

Are the shsh blobs for 4.2.6 required? Which TinyUmbrella did you use?[/QUOTE]

Yes! You need the ssh 4.2.6. I used the latest version of Tiny Umbrella! 5.0.7 (i think)
I started that first and got the TSS Server going.
Downloaded the 4.2.6 stock.
Put the I-phone in DFU Mode!!!! (Very important) NOT Recovery Mode!!!
Started iTunes, hit shift and restore.
Let itunes install 4.2.6 (you can tell when you see the apple sign and the progress bar underneath moving)
Then you get the error.
Go to Tiny Umbrella and click "Exit Recovery"
The phone will reboot and you should have 4.2.6 installed!

At least thats how I did it and it worked. I was surprised cause i've been busting my ass all week trying to downgrade and looking for different methods. I then upgraded to 4.2.8 (tiny umbrella not needed)
jailbreak with snowbreeze 2.7.
I'm not a tech guy so I just tried a lot of ways and for some reason it worked for me that way! Hope this helps!!!

Last edited:
I got my phone with 4.2.10 installed so i'm SOL huh.

YEP!!! Pretty much you are. If you never had the 4.2.6 before saved in ssh then yea...SOL!! But 5.0 will be here soon and I'm sure untehered jailbreaks are already in the works. You should be in good shape then!

How soon is it looking like IOS 5 will be out? Cuz this un jailbroken iphone is killing me lol

so none of the methods on this thread worked for me. it was just recovery loop after recovery loop. if you're having the same issue, go to this website moderate - NO external link to other blogs or forums! and try their method because it just worked for me! i've been dealing with the sad 4.2.10 life for about a month, but i'm finally back to my old 4.2.8 jailbreak

Last edited by a moderator: