What's new

Anyone Know How to Wire 2 Batteries Together???

Oh, I agree with your logic. Parallel is parallel. Good luck, and please do post back.

Alright, and if I am successful, I will definitely make an Instructable or some other form of tutorial so that others can replicate what I did, unlike the guy on the other forum...

Please remember it isn't just the battery. The charging / maintaining 'system' for a Lithium ion battery is designed for a specific set of circumstances / conditions. It is generally a 'smart' system, but may have issues understanding full charge and depletion states and rates outside expected ranges. Over charging, excessive charge rates etc may and can cause excessive heating (leading to the fire/explosion issues you read about). The phone's charging system may be able to perform fine, or not.

Please remember it isn't just the battery. The charging / maintaining 'system' for a Lithium ion battery is designed for a specific set of circumstances / conditions. It is generally a 'smart' system, but may have issues understanding full charge and depletion states and rates outside expected ranges. Over charging, excessive charge rates etc may and can cause excessive heating (leading to the fire/explosion issues you read about). The phone's charging system may be able to perform fine, or not.

People have done this before, and in one of my previous posts, there is a link to a site that sells a double battery. Doesn't this prove that is can/will work?

The only "proof" is if you've done it yourself or know personally of someone close to you who has done it. A stranger in a forum thread who says it works and then disappears is not proof. For all you know the reason he dropped out of sight was because his phone exploded and sent him to his heavenly reward :). I don't think you'll get anyone here to tell you that you have "proof" that it works. If you think that it's worth the possible risks and you decide to try it, you're accepting those risks. Just not enough information.

The only "proof" is if you've done it yourself or know personally of someone close to you who has done it. A stranger in a forum thread who says it works and then disappears is not proof. For all you know the reason he dropped out of sight was because his phone exploded and sent him to his heavenly reward :). I don't think you'll get anyone here to tell you that you have "proof" that it works. If you think that it's worth the possible risks and you decide to try it, you're accepting those risks. Just not enough information.

Fair enough. Since I ordered the parts, I will definitely make one. I'm just not sure when and if I will try it...

Batteries still haven't showed up yet but my transparent digitizer and back came a few days ago and the cracked 4S came today. Installed the new screen, back, and home button in less than a half hour. What do you guys thing? Too bad the battery is so small... :p $577826_541017499327066_2088130337_n.jpg
$1513337_541017522660397_1226074157_n.jpg
$1545152_541017555993727_641334795_n.jpg

Batteries showed up in the mail today. No wires yet though.

It won't work. The 4S battery is different than the 4 battery. There aren't any nodes that I can solder the batteries together with.

Last edited: