What's new

Anyone else getting a Rash from the Apple Watch?

DrumsOfGrohl

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw this today, and I'm wondering if anyone else has any issues with the band?

The Apple Watch is causing rashes on people's wrists | Komando.com

In short:
Turns out, there is nickel in the Apple Watch, which is one of the most common allergy-inducing metals. If the rash is being caused by the band, you can replace the band with plenty of other models made from different materials. Otherwise, you might want to consult with a doctor before you continue to wear the Apple Watch.

Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 10.25.42 AM.png

I've worn the Apple Watch every day since it first came out back in April. I've got no trace of a rash of any kind.
BTW, the nickel in the Apple Watch is part of the stainless steel alloy used in the Apple Watch. Switching to the Apple Watch Sport, with a non-steel band, would eliminate the cause of the rash if it is caused by the nickel in the stainless steel model.
The black sport band with the Space Black pin would be the best choice as the stainless steel pin is coated with the black diamond like coating.

Last edited:
Of course, anyone with a strong nickel sensitivity can avoid the problem completely by buying the $13,000 18kt Apple Watch Edition.;)