What's new

Any hope for better battery life? (Iphone 5)

Yes there is but only for 5.xxx
I used it, it worked but I didn't get my iMessages, instagram, or fb notifications until I unlocked the phone. Very inconvenient and irritating. But like I said it did work very very well.
Name of that tweak is?

notchstang92 said:
No battery issues here. No different than when I had the iPhone 4. Don't know what you are doing w/ your phones to kill the battery, but I don't think it's the phone. Enough people have good battery life to say it's not the phones. Did you charge the battery correctly when you first got the phone?

Turn on 3G and you will see...

I've been using LTE, not 3G but my iphone 5 has had excellent battery life. I took my phone off of the charger at 7:45 am this morning and it is now 3:07pm.

Usage Stats:
Usage - 2 hours, 38 minutes
Stand By - 6 hours and 6 minutes.

I spent most of my time in usage mode streaming Spotify on audiofile mode, watching youtube videos and also browsing the internet.

EDIT: I forgot to post, my batter level is at 81% also.

Last edited:
I do not see that problem with my ip5. Have to recharge it once in a 2-3 days.
Maybe that's cuz I don't play games.
You're not using your phone all that hard then. No one gets that kinda battery life if they have email accounts, talk on their phone, browse the internet, etc. Playing music is the least battery intensive activity. If that's the main use for one's phone - they will get the "once every 2-3 days" charge ability. But normal moderate to heavy users (even with no games) have to recharge at the end of every day with an iP5 from what I've been reading.

It is on. I don't see the hype w/ 4G. Speeds are the same as w/ 3G. iOS 6 increased browser speed more than LTE did. I outside of Boston so yes we do have LTE here.

Tom87 said:
I do not see that problem with my ip5. Have to recharge it once in a 2-3 days.
Maybe that's cuz I don't play games.

2-3 days? Wowww... You are probably the only one with that battery drain.. Lol,,,

I get better battery life on my 5 than my iPhone 4 or 4S.

It's called auto 3G
It turns off 3G when the phone is locked and turns back on when you unlock it.
well, that certainly would increase battery life to have your cellular data stream turned off whenever the phone is locked. But the tweak is pretty impractical if you can't get your iMessages in between locks. I won't be getting it for that main reason. Though I guess iMessages would come through if you were in a Wi-Fi region wouldn't they?