What's new

Any good Call Recorder apps?

John Birion

Reaction score
Hi,
I love my iphone 8 Plus, but what i miss most from my android days is easy call recording.
On android, all calls i had were recorded automatically with normal use.

Can you recommend similar call recording apps for the iPhone? I have no prob paying a small fee for the app, but do NOT want to have to pass my calls through external servers or pay for each recorded call.
thank you

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Apple tries to prevent recording of calls for privacy and securits reasons. In some countries, you’re not allowed to record a call without the consent of the other party, so you won’t find these kinds of apps in the App Store.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

Apple tries to prevent recording of calls for privacy and securits reasons. In some countries, you’re not allowed to record a call without the consent of the other party, so you won’t find these kinds of apps in the App Store.
Thank you!
Do you know of any external (non app-store) apps that can do this?
Do they require jailbraking and if so is it safe?

Since call recording is illegal in certain jurisdictions, this is a kind of legal grey area, which is why we don’t discuss that topic on this forum.

Since call recording is illegal in certain jurisdictions, this is a kind of legal grey area, which is why we don’t discuss that topic on this forum.
It's legal in my area, but i fully respect this and appreciate your reply. Thank you :)

I came to this forum as the same reason as John (OP). I do under about privacy. Not to do the whole TMI online. I’m having a problem with a health insurance company. They realized they made a few mistakes. Now when this particular manager calls me she calls from random numbers. Yesterday it was a Florida number and today it said “No Caller ID.” She is well aware I am a retired social worker and we know how to document. She does not want me to be able to have a call log that would directly trace back to their insurance company. I have a 7 Plus many years ago I jailbroke my 4S. If I have to jailbreak to get a recording app for a short period of time. I will, it’s fine to be all moral when your not the one getting take advantage of by a health insurance company.

That is interesting. If it is illegal in so many jurisdictions why do Comcast, AT&T, Microsoft and all the other major players get away with it? I hammered Comcast on it once. As it turns out your will never be abler to get your hands on a recording. It is for their benefit and their benefit only. As is the case with Maskoki3000 many huge mistakes Comcast makes are recorded on their side but they will never, ever let you hear their mistake.

In my App Store there are several apps named “call recorder” or like that.
I don’t use any of them but it seems to me they all use third party servers. If that’s true, I guess Apple forbids local (in-device) recording but allows apps that offer external recording services, correct me if I am mistaken.
Btw, in the past I have been using
Android and I was able to record calls locally, but I gather Android policy has somehow changed too.