What's new

Any damage yet?

D-Bomb

Reaction score
I'm more careful with this phone than I have been with any other (the infamous fly off my lap everytime I get out the car doesn't happen anymore), but still:

I have one hairline scratch by the earpiece and 2 tiny dings on the left side and a...its not a scratch but the antenna has like a discolored streak at the bottom from hitting a door I was opening.

You can't find any of them unless you're looking for them though, but still, :(. Aside from the hairline, they're all from the initial time of me not having a case.

Based on most of my previous phones, I'll have an issue, genius bar, and get a new one at some point. Or at least thats my silver lining for the time being.

Last edited:
I'm more careful with this phone than I have been with any other (the infamous fly off my lap everytime I get out the car doesn't happen anymore), but stull

I have one hairline scratch by the earpiece and 2 tiny dings on the left side and a...its not a scratch but the antenna has like a discolored streak at the bottom from hitting a door I was opening.

You can't find any of them unless you're looking for them though, but still, :(. Aside from the hairline, they're all from the initial time of me not having a case.

Based on most of my previous phones, I'll have an issue, genius bar, and get a new one at some point. Or at least thats my silver lining for the time being.

DAAAMN!!! Yeah it's time for a case buddy ;). Lucky it wasn't worse than what you described. I ordered cases for mine an the wife's at the same time we ordered our phones. She's dropped it a couple of times, let the little one play/drop it a couple of times as well with no damage so far (Knocking on wood).

No way i let my 5 and 1 1/2 year old boys touch my phone.

My little brother takes mine all the time and I take it back and he gets mad at me until he finds someone else's phone. I guess that the downside to an OS that toddlers know how to use.

I guess that's downside to such a user friendly OS!

I have a few marks around the apple logo but you'd have to angle it in the light to notice them!

I'm yet to get a case, sometimes I think I should handle it with latex gloves on :(

Dropped mine three times and there are some hard to see marks, but no cracks.

:)

banner.png

I have the little scratches. I have been so careful too. I don't think the scratches are in the glass itself but in the coating that's on the glass. It doesn't effect use at all. You can't see them when the screen is on but still it pissed me off. I use a case but not a screen protector. I tried one and took it off the next day. I didn't like it. I just found out I have scratches on the back from the case. I have a dusty job and the dust gets in-between the phone and the case and causes scratches at the point of contact. So now I wonder what the point of the case was? I just have the apple bumper on now. The back isn't perfect anymore anyway. I am actually considering getting an aluminum back for it. It looks very easy to replace just 2 screws and it comes off but they cost anywhere from 35 to 100 bucks.

No damage here yet and I do use a case but I also am a klutz kind of person so I do take extra care.

My free case (clear Incase once) came and I put it on a few minutes ago, didn't like it, took it off. In the process of either putting it on or taking it off, it scratched the top left corner and there are several knicks there now. Far worse than any of the ones I've caused. Not happy. I'll probably exchange it tomorrow but I'm pissed that a product they endorsed has messed up my phone.

I say always case up. U don't want little scratches dings and chips here and there. Remember all it takes is one fall out of a million, and before you know it, your committed for eighteen...... Oh wait a minute, that post goes in "What you wernt expecting, when she's expecting" Oh well, I didn't use a case, (twice) got two of the best scratches ever. So case up at own risk.