What's new

Another odd i5 Screen Problem

28offroader

Reaction score
So I was in the app store searching for some apps, I had the keyboard up and then all of the sudden these gray horizontal lines appeared across the keyboard as I was typing. They flashed on/off kinda like static. I then minimized the keyboard..., lines went away..., I then brought the keyboard back up, touched the caps lock key and then the gray lines reappeared on just that key.
I showed it to a family member so somebody else could see it and I also took a screen shot but the lines did'nt show up in the picture.
I've had this i5 for less than a day, it has'nt even come closs to being dropped.
Any ideas why this would happen?
Next time if/when it appears I'll take a video to be able to show the apple reps.

I had the same thing happen almost like a glitch in the matrix effect right? Not sure what the heck it was

I've seen these flashing lines too. They show up like a line of pixels going haywire over the keyboard for just short time and than go away.

Maybe the "S" version is really the one to get after all the wrinkles are ironed out?

I too have reported this issue to Apple. There is also a rather lengthy thread on this on the Apple support Forums. So at least we know this is a widespread issue

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Same here. Happened only once so far since Friday.

w4rp1g said:
Same here. Happened only once so far since Friday.

Just saw same lines going thru keyboard again.
2 weeks since first time.

Mine has happened 4 more times since I posted last.
The good news is that on my sisters iPhone 4s it has also happened. That means it's just a bug in ios6 and a future update will fix the problem.