What's new

Angry Birds Star Wars Out Now

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score

The teaming up of two incredibly popular multi-media franchises has arrived in the App Store today, with the release of Angry Birds Star Wars. The game represents a collaboration between Rovio and Lucasfilm, and follows the adventures of a plucky band of Rebel birds in their fight against the evil Imperial Pigs. Fans get to use the Force, wield a Lightsaber, and blast away Pigtroopers as they travel the galaxy, from the deserts of Tatooine to the depths of the Pig Star, where they’ll come face to face with Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Pigs!

“It’s a banner day for us,” said Peter Vesterbacka, CMO of Rovio Entertainment. “This is our best Angry Birds game yet, and we’re excited for our fans to finally meet Luke, Leia, and the rest of the gang! But it’s more than just a game launch: we think fans are going to just love the new animated trailer and the Angry Birds Star Wars products, sure to be a big hit this holiday season.”

“We can’t wait for fans around the world to experience the fun of launching the Angry Birds characters into the Star Wars universe,” said Colum Slevin, Vice President, Head of Studio Operations for Lucasfilm Ltd. “This is the kind of creative partnership that has helped Star Wars remain vibrant and beloved for over 35 years.”

The game boasts more than 80 levels, with all-new gameplay mechanics, the ability to level up birds, free updates, and lots of secrets and goodies to find. You can also train as a Jedi Master via the in-app purchase, “Path of the Jedi.”

Click here to download for $0.99: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/angry-birds-star-wars/id557137623?mt=8

Source: Rovio releases Angry Birds Star Wars app to the masses | 9to5Mac, Rovio

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is worth 99 cents with no issues. Already on level 40. But just a warning, it is a battery slayer. LOL

Must. Not. Fall. For. DELICIOUSLY THEMED GAME!!!! *buys* Crap ._.

And agreed Skull, worth every damn penny. Been itching since they released the overview of it a few weeks back

This one is worth 99 cents with no issues. Already on level 40. But just a warning, it is a battery slayer. LOL

pretty much but I love the light saber and the force power, level 40 getting 3 stars for all the levels? because I find them near impossible to get 3 stars some of them and atm I am on a level that I cant even hit the pigs, you get 4 I think it is yellow birds with blasters and the pigs are up and to the left, did you do that one yet?

Always speed run first. Am at 84 of 120 on Tatooine. I plan to 3 star it over the weekend.

And I haven't played it enough to memorize levels yet.

Always speed run first. Am at 84 of 120 on Tatooine. I plan to 3 star it over the weekend.

And I haven't played it enough to memorize levels yet.

good call, how did you complete 19 on tatooine? I cant complete it let alone get 3 stars

good call, how did you complete 19 on tatooine? I cant complete it let alone get 3 stars

I three stared that one on my first try *ducks for cover*.

Ok this one is all about using one bird and making its lasers ricochet.

1) Pull the bird all the way back and aim it so the yellow dotted line is halfway between the gray bricks under the birds and the background dark mountains.
2) Let go and get ready to tap the screen in the top far right.
3) Wait for the bird to clear the bottom lip so it has clear shot at the top right corner and then tap the middle gray brick in that top right hand corner.

Basically there are three angled gray bricks in the top right. The middle one will withstand 3 laser blast which will cause all the laser to ricochet. The first should kill the lowest pig, the second will kill the middle pig and the third should knock out support to the last pig and he rolls to his death.