What's new

Analyst Talks iPad Mini Retina and iPhone 5 Refresh in 2013

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPad_mini_renders.JPG

AppleInsider reports today that key analyst Gene Munster, from Piper Jaffray, has issued a note to investors in which he outlines his thoughts about how 2013 will shape up for Apple, and in particular he thinks that next year will see three key product launches for the company. First up, he thinks that Apple will launch an iPad mini with Retina display in early 2013, in order to correct what many see as the only “significant complaint” about the smaller tablet. Secondly, Munster says that we can expect Apple to launch a new iPhone in September, which he refers to as an iPhone 5S, a name that has also been mentioned in other recent reports. Munster says that this will only be a “modest upgrade,” with a faster processor, more RAM and an improved camera.

Finally, Munster says that Apple will finally release a television set, just in time for the 2013 holiday season.

Source: Apple television predicted to headline three core product launches in 2013

It is a shame that Mr. Munster has predicted the Apple TV for about a year now and also stated a $750 target for Apple that didn't happen until well over 6 months later. BTW notice it only hit $700 before it dropped like a lead ballon. He doesn't have the best track record in my opinion.

Well with the competitive scene with Google and Sony and Roku and all, all of which are selling similar devices for a low price, theres no reason to buy a 700$ device. I bought my ATV for 170 on Amazon. Well worth it even though its a 2.

Theses upgrades have become to predicable now. Too funny.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB
iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD