What's new

Amazon FireTV Stick

Reaction score
So I have the Amazon FireTV Stick. My question is how to mirror my iPhone to the TV via the fire stick. Every article I've read or forum doesn't say how. I see several apps I can purchase that say they can do it but I'm not wasting $7-$8 for an app that turns out can only cast like YouTube or Netflix. I need an app that 100% mirrors my iPhone no matter what I'm casting. And please don't say "get a chromecast".

Have you tried Reflector with your Fire TV stick? It's supposed to allow you to stream from your iPhone to your TV.

I'll look into it more. My concern is what does it actually do. A couple I looked into say they mirror but in reality it doesn't mirror. Just cast from certain apps like Netflix. The stick already has that. Another that was free said the same thing but in reality it only mirrored website videos that I put the url into the apps browser. That app is good if I'm watching Series Cravings or Putlocker. Really I'm looking to mirror Moviebox. Which I believe Chromecast can do but why spend another $30 for a second dongle if I can get the correct app for $7? Thanks again. I'll update here if that app works or I find another that works.

One device that I know does full AirPlay mirroring is the Apple TV, but it costs $69.00.

From what I see on the Roku website it looks like mirroring is limited to only the following devices at this time

Thank you Dave. I don't actually have a Roku but good information to have.

As for the Apple TV I thought about getting it but I have Amazon Prime so it made since to get the FireTV Stick since Prime is not only built into it but built around it. I may just spend the $30 for the Chromecast and keep both.

While not helpful to my original question it is helpful deciding which dongle to get if I get a second. Funny part is I have a Chromecast unopened. My wife got it for me then thought the FireTV Stick was a better fit but it was too late to cancel the Chromecast. Plan was to return it. Now I may just say screw it and keep it. Unless that Reflector app works.

Start your Fire TV, login in case you haven't yet, and search for an app called "Airplay & UPnP". Install it. Then start the app.

On your iPhone, open the Control Center, as soon as the app is installed. You should find "AirPlay" there now. Tap it and select/checkmark the name of your Fire TV. Then enable "Mirroring".

Hope that helps.

Ok does that app work with the FireTV Stick? That's different than FireTV. Just want to make sure before I buy it.

While not helpful to my original question it is helpful deciding which dongle to get if I get a second. Funny part is I have a Chromecast unopened. My wife got it for me then thought the FireTV Stick was a better fit but it was too late to cancel the Chromecast. Plan was to return it. Now I may just say screw it and keep it. Unless that Reflector app works.
As a side note, this actually helped me because I'm considering an Amazon FireTV Stick myself. Please post back and let us know how the Airplay & UPnP app works out for you. Thanks!

The AirPlay app worked. Only $3. After you open the app in the FireTV Stick you check off the AirPlay option. Then on your iPhone/iPad turn on AirPlay. Mirrored just fine. On a side note the picture isn't HD quality but I'm not concerned with that.