What's new

Am I making a mistake?

jmayzer

Reaction score
I'm a 22 year old guy that loves old things. I'm a history buff, drink Tom Collins, own a 50 year old car, and listen to classical music from 100 years ago. However, I currently own an iPhone 6. While I realize the 3GS isn't exactly ancient, I love the almost "vintage" status that it seems to have taken on. I'm interested in trying to find one online in at least decent condition to use as my daily device. I'm willing to give up the speed, iMessage, switching from Verizon to AT&T etc. just because I think it would be awesome to have.

Now my question is: How big of a mess am I potentially getting myself into? If I can somehow find a way to make sure that the phone I got was in decent condition, how are they holding up these days? Crashing? Compatible? Still usable as a daily device even if its just for calls and texting? Are there ANY apps left that are compatible with the 3GS? If not I can certainly give up the luxury of any of the apps that I currently have on my 6. I'm just curious as to whether or not the process of switching carriers, finding a phone, etc. would all be worth the novelty in the long run.