What's new

Alerts for Deaf Person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustybux

Reaction score
My wife is deaf and her Blackberry had a light on the front so she knew she had a message since she can't hear a ringtone. How can I make the flasher come on when she get's a message? Her friend has the flasher but not sure how she did it.
thank you

i think what you are looking for is in General-Accessibility-Hearing aids,or alternatively LED flash for alerts just below it.

Last edited:
i think what you are looking for is in General-Accessibility-Hearing aids,or alternatively LED flash for alerts just below it.
Ok I found the place your talking about. I turned it on but the light still won't flash when I send her a message. She does not have Voice. She only has Unlimited Data and Text but it should still flash when she receives a text message.

If memory serves, you need to have the mute switch on and the device face down for the LED to flash. Give that a try.

Ok I found the place your talking about. I turned it on but the light still won't flash when I send her a message. She does not have Voice. She only has Unlimited Data and Text but it should still flash when she receives a text message.
yes it should flash,try a hard reset,hold down the sleep/wake button and home button at the same time until the apple appears,let go and the phone will reboot,try it again after that.

If memory serves, you need to have the mute switch on and the device face down for the LED to flash. Give that a try.
I tried both switch positions and it still won't flash. I went into settings>General>Accessibility and made sure the LED flashes for alerts is ON and still won't work. I'm puzzled.

I tried both switch positions and it still won't flash. I went into settings>General>Accessibility and made sure the LED flashes for alerts is ON and still won't work. I'm puzzled.
did you try the hard reset?

yes it should flash,try a hard reset,hold down the sleep/wake button and home button at the same time until the apple appears,let go and the phone will reboot,try it again after that.
Tried that. Still won't flash. I'm stumped

Tried that. Still won't flash. I'm stumped
yes so am i,it should flash,how long have you had your 4s? I'm thinking if you have a warranty or Apple care you could ring Apple for advice on this problem.

it is brand new. i'm talking to SPRINT RELAY where I got the Phone. see if they can help me.

it is brand new. i'm talking to SPRINT RELAY where I got the Phone. see if they can help me.
well you can but the thing is you have 90 days of phone support with Apple,thats what its there for,they will sort out any problems you have.

It flashes now. Sprint chat helped me out. It also works on WiFi with TextNow app. Phone must be in locked mode and does not matter what position the phone is in. Thank you everone for your input.

glad you got it sorted,i'll close this now as the problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.