What's new

Transfer phone message to computer?

Gnost

Reaction score
My wife lost her father recently and before he died he had sent her a phone message that she would like to keep. Is there a way to transfer that message to a PC or Mac? She has an iPhone 5 and Verizon is her carrier, if that makes a difference.
TIA, and any help appreciated.

Last edited:
My wife lost her father recently and before he died he had sent her a phone message that she would like to keep. Is there a way to transfer that message to a PC or Mac? She has an iPhone 5 and Verizon is her carrier, if that makes a difference. TIA, and any help appreciated.

If it's a text message, she can take a screenshot of the message and store it as any other image or photo. If it's a voice message, where is it now?

Thanks for responding. The message is a saved voicemail that's still on her iPhone 5.

Thanks for responding. The message is a saved voicemail that's still on her iPhone 5.
There's a computer program called iExplorer. Back up the phone to iTunes and iExplorer will extract the voicemail from iTunes. I'd give you a link, but I don't think it's permissible here. Try googling it. Also Google "how to record iPhone vojcemails to computer". Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help. We'll give it a try. It'll mean a lot to my wife if we could save that voicemail.