What's new

Additional screen protector w/ otterbox defender

topshogun

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone out there with an otterbox defender series for iPhone 5 also have an additional screen protector along with the one that's on the case and does it cause the two to stick together or be less responsive?

i didnt notice any lag form both screen protectors or loss of responsiveness. i had the zagg on only because i take it out of the ob and put it in a smaller case on weekends or when im not at work. but the OB did stick to the zagg a lot and it was more of an annoyance than anything. but my hopes were that it would keep dust out of the case and it did not. so i tool out the OB screen protector and it is nice and there is no real difference in dust coming into the phone.

I too have the same problem as kack. I just installed a zagg full body and the otter box case screen protector does stick to the zagg shield.

I took the screen protector out of my outer box and I'm using only zaggs . It fells better IMO.

parana6 said:
I took the screen protector out of my outer box and I'm using only zaggs . It fells better IMO.

How is it on dust and dirt getting under the otter box case since the screen protector is out

I too removed the stock protector but opted for the power support anti-glare HD. I don't notice an excessive amount of dust getting into the case.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dust gets in irregardless of having the otterbox screen protector on or not.

True dust does get in but I didn't know if more got in bc the screen protector was missing

I've used the Zagg with the OB Defender on my iP4 and iP5. In both cases I removed the plastic OB shield and it works great. I mostly carry my phone on the belt holster so dust and pocket lint, etc, is not a real issue but occasionally I remove the OB case to give the phone a good cleaning. No big deal.

On Amazon the Zagg screen protectors got mid range ratings with almost half of the "complainers" giving it a one star. How do you guys feel about the Zagg. Are the bubbles hard to remove? Is it difficult to apply? Do you use the case friendly or the smudge proof version. Curious.

Thanks, Lisa