What's new

Adding pictures to new album in IOS 5

suzantn

Reaction score
I was looking over the changes in IOS 5, and it says you can add pictures to albums. I can see where I can move a picture to a New Album but I can't see where to add it to an existing album. Does anyone know if I can do this and if so how do I do it?

Thanks,
Suzanne

You cannot add photos to an existing album. The new "album" feature introduced by IOS 5 is completely unrelated to the existing iPhone album implementations. Very irritating that they used the same word for two completely different features.

Well, dang, I am disappointed. It is crazy to allow adding to a new album without including adding to existing albums.Now if I want pictures in an album, I put them on my computer, then put them in an album and re-ad them to my phone. Crazy huh, in this techno world.

Thanks,
Suzanne

Oh, I totally agree with you (see my cranky post in this forum called "Albums- Bait and Switch?").
If you want actual album functionality, I recommend the app Photo-Sort. It's a very solid app that lets you create hierarchical folders, with copies of pictures from the Camera Roll neatly organized inside them. Pictures can be added, deleted, moved from folder to folder, and renamed. Photos are sorted alphabetically within the folders, so you sort your pictures by renaming them. This is a little bit tedious, but better than not being able to sort at all. Once you have copied a photo into Photo-Sort you can then delete it from the Camera Roll. If you need to have it back in the Camera Roll for some reason, you can copy it back there.

The interface could be a little more flexible, but it's quite a good app for a very reasonable price (I think it was $3.99). But there is no way that a 3rd-party app can be fully integrated with the Camera Roll, so apps like this will always be 2nd best to having Apple provide the functionality.