What's new

Adding music- Space taken

richtea

Reaction score
Hi, Im new to having an iphone and stated to add same music on, each one seems to take up 0.1 - 0.2 of my storage space. This seem quite extreme, if i 40+ albums im gonna use up all my storage space (5Gig).

I dont really understand because i could get 28 albums on a 500meg sony mp3 player i had.

Dioes this sound about right? or is there a way to compress them or something?

Hi, Im new to having an iphone and stated to add same music on, each one seems to take up 0.1 - 0.2 of my storage space. This seem quite extreme, if i 40+ albums im gonna use up all my storage space (5Gig). I dont really understand because i could get 28 albums on a 500meg sony mp3 player i had. Dioes this sound about right? or is there a way to compress them or something?
I take it you're using an 8GB iPhone correct? Rightfully, it does seem that 5GB seems a big much for 40 albums. However... it depends on how many tracks on each album and the average length of those tracks. On average your typical song will be about 5MB and your albums average around 10 or so tracks. Doing the math that adds up to roughly 2GB. Not sure if this helps any... but possible point you in the right direction.