What's new

Add music to iphone

brvaland

Reaction score
I have jailbroken iPhone 4S on iOS 5.0.1.

Currently if need to add music on my phone then I need to download music on computer and add them to iTunes library and sync my phone to my PC to get the musics.

Is there a way to add music directly from Internet to iPhone music library and later it get synced to computer library?

Please advise ?

You can buy music off the iTunes app on the phone and it gets downloaded to the phone automatically. As far as syncing to the computer from the phone, I don't have an answer. I usually open iTunes on the computer and download them manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Download Free Music app on app store. by BSOsoft. This is what i used and my main music player. im not using anymore the default music player that comes with my iphone.

you can download music. can transfer it to your music library tru itunes goinf to app tab and scroll down and click the app and you will see the songs youve download. use mp3skull site when downloading. thats what i use.

see screenshot:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336995965.863510.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Well since you are jailbroken you could install MewSeek from Cydia.

It is awesome, and nothing from the AppStore comes close (as usual).

Just search for a song name, tap it to stream the song so you can listen to it, of it's the song you want then tap it once more to download.

Once it is download you can edit it's tags, album art and album info.

PLUS, you can import the songs downloaded with MewSeek straight to your iPod library. No syncing with computer. just tap the Import button, and the song will be in the Music.app.

WARNING:

If you use MewSeek to import music to the Music.app then make sure "Manually manage music" is checked in iTunes or you will have to re-import them every time you sync with iTunes. I have no idea why people sync with iTunes on a regular basis but they do for some unknown reason so i thought i would throw that out there.

Hi zig9449,

Is there a way to import music file open (mp3) directly from safari browser?

i have mewseek also an it transfer music on music app on iphone. but im not using it for some reason like when i lose my JB i can still use my app that idownload thru app store. anyway its a great tweak app. get it also

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Hi zig9449,

Is there a way to import music file open (mp3) directly from safari browser?

No...not even if your jailbroken.

But if your jailbroken and have iFile installed then you can access whatever you download through Safari in var/mobile/Documents.

What jailbreak we doesn't have iFile installed right?lol.

Plus iFile has a built in music player

Hi, I was wondering the same thing. I've come up with a work-around- but it's the long way. My laptop is for work, so we aren't allowed to have iTunes on it. So I've created a Dropbox folder that I download the MP3s into- and then pull them up on my phone. Unfortantely, it doesn't go right into iTunes- still looking for a way to do that, if possible.

Adyhooper said:
That's quite cool i have same phone and i have same problem how i have to download my favorite songs directly to my phone . Generally i use to download song first on my computer and then use to transfer to my cell phone !! It's quite messy way can i have any simple way for that ?

Why don't you just download the songs on your phone.,..then download them on iTunes through the Recent Purchases tab?

I have mp3 downloader no it doesn't go to ITunes but u can open the all download what your hearts content and move iTunes songs to the app(plus it stays on iTunes lol) just a great way to integrate songs & get free music !!

njshoremom4gurlz said:
I have mp3 downloader no it doesn't go to ITunes but u can open the all download what your hearts content and move iTunes songs to the app(plus it stays on iTunes lol) just a great way to integrate songs & get free music !!

I see.

Another nice way to handle file sharing apps is an application called i-FunBox. It is awesome. (no..it's not in the AppStore...it's for your computer).

It allows you instant access to file sharing data...handles it better the iTunes I personally think. iTunes doesn't even have to be open.
Allows to use your phone as a USB flash drive via the "General Storage" tab.
Has music and video recovery (this feature doesn't work that well...but everything else does. It works...it just doesn't want to show all your songs for some reason).

It's a very useful Windows/Mac application.

Plug in iPhone...open i-FunBox
Instant access. Everything is accessible from one panel (unlike iTunes).

ZanderF said:
do you know how to get youtubevideos into mp3 files?

Of your jailbroken...there is an application called ProTube. It allows you to download YouTube videos. You can download as a video format, or an mp3 format.

Can add downloaded videos rite to Camera Roll. You'll have to SSH into iPhone to put mp3 files from ProTube in the iPod library tho.

There is also a tweak called "MewSeek". You can download music and add them rite to the iPod library. can also preview the songs before downloading.